Monday 14 March 2011

FAVOURITE BIKES


For about 12 years this photo has been on my office wall, its the only photo i have of this bike and it has been firmly in my top 10 ever since. A couple of weeks ago someone showed me a photo of his Z1100R on his phone, now its mine !



It was built by A&H Performance Cycles as a rolling advert for their business in the early 90s and as such has the best of everything. 1260 Wiseco, 8 plug big valve head, competition cams, welded crank, 38mm flatslides, Dyna ign......you can see the rest. It has been living in the previous colourblind owners house for the last 8 years, The plug leads and caps have to go and the Astralites need the rims painting black again,otherwise perfection. If anyone knows of A&H (now no longer trading) or can put me in touch with them i would appreciate it.



You can buy it but dont expect it to be cheap.

10 comments:

ITALIAN MOTOR magazine said...

Wouldn't mind those Astralites off you if you ever break it..

Pete Stansfield said...

I could never break this bike Adam, sorry. Yes i did just say that !

TheScribbler said...

Wow.. with that much extra gear I'd source another "R" to stick on those sidecovers. 1100RR at least.

shovelkev said...

had both the 1000R & 1100R back in the day good standard but sorted like that one brillant. A good buy Pete and that black Kerker is the perfect pipe for it hard to find them nowdays.

Pete Stansfield said...

A big bore Kerker like this one (but not as tidy) sold for just short of £700 on ebay a couple of weeks ago. The bike allegedly cost over £20,000 to build but there are no receipts !

Coose said...

HAHAHAHAHA! Excellent....

Contact me: said...

You have an office ..... geez, whatever next!

Pete Stansfield said...

Office/dungeon.

ben said...

I knew Mark white well in the mid nineties. He customised my z1100R to a similar spec, I still have her 15 years on. I remember your bike a Boxhill on several occasions. Still looks good.

ben said...

Bloody HTC phone, that should be I knew Mark quite well. Mark was the owner of A&H performance motorcycles.